Pomaily School War MemorialPrint Page
Pomaily School War Memorial commemorates past scholars of Pomaily School who served in World War One. Surrounded by a wrought iron fence, the obelisk sits on a sandstone plinth and is supported on a two tier concrete base. The school no longer exists.
The soldiers memorial obelisk was unveiled in Pomaily in December 1918. The community had sent 18 young men to war and at the time of the unveiling 3 had paid the supreme sacrifice. The Reverend W Smith, the Presbyterian Minister, delivered an appropriate address after which Mrs Smith unveiled the memorial.
The Brisbane Courier (Qld), 23rd December 1918.
|Address:||664 Blackmans Gap Road, Leased area off Vanderwolf`s Road. Entry permission should be sought., Colosseum, 4677|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -24.385822|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
WHO SERVED IN THE
1914 - 1920