West Ipswich & One Mile War MemorialPrint Page
The West Ipswich and One Mile War Memorial was originally erected in Brisbane Street near Hooper Street in 1917. It commemorates 55 members of the West Ipswich and One Mile communities who served in World War One.
It was relocated to Leichhardt Park on 16 April 2004. A commemorative plaque was unveiled on the 3rd September 2005 recording this event.
|Address:||1A Old Toowoomba Road, Leichhardt Park, One Mile, 4305|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.626669|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Frank Williams & Co (Ipswich, QLD)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 24th November, 1917|
HONOUR TO OUR BOYS
West Ipswich & One Mile Honour Roll
[ Names ]
This World War 1 Memorial Commemorative Plaque was unveiled by MAJOR GENERAL ASH POWER, CSC COMMANDER 1st DIVISION ENOGGERA on Saturday 3 September 2005 in the presence of Cr Paul Pisasale Mayor City of Ipswich,
Reverend Robert Walker
Returned & Services League of Australia Moreton District,
Cr Charlie Pisasale Division 8 City of Ipswich.
Originally erected in Brisbane Street, West Ipswich and commemorated in November 1917, this monument to 55 members of the West Ipswich and One Mile communities was relocated to Leichhardt Park on 16 April 2004