Hughenden District Soldiers Memorial RotundaPrint Page
Hughenden District Soldiers Memorial Rotunda is dedicated to the soldiers of World War One.
Built in 1932, by the Hughenden District Soldiers’ Memorial Fund. This rotunda and drinking fountain commemorated soldiers from World War One. Services were held at this rotunda with a street parade until 1956, when a new Memorial was built in conjunction with the Hughenden Memorial Pool and opened in September 1956.
|Address:||Gray Street, Hughenden, 4821|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -20.844528|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1932|
THIS ROTUNDA WAS ERECTED
IN 1932 BY THE HUGHENDEN
DISTRICT SOLDIERS MEMORIAL
FUND COMMITTEE AS A
DEDICATION TO THE SOLDIERS
OF THE FIRST WORLD WAR.
ANZAC DAY SERVICES WERE
HELD HERE PRIOR TO THE
BUILDING OF THE NEW CENOTAPH