Clayfield Memorial School of ArtsPrint Page
The Clayfield Memorial School of Arts commemorates those who served in World War One.
The dedication stone of the Clayfield Memorial School of Arts was unveiled by the Governor of Queensland, Sir Matthew Nathan on the 7th March 1925. "Souvenir" bricks, post card size ,were available to commemorate the occasion. The hall was officially opened on the 5th of June 1925 by Mr. J.F. Maxwell M.L.A in the absence of Mr Andrew Petrie who was too unwell to attend.
The Brisbane Courier , 6th March & 3rd June 1925.
|Address:||Vine Street & Wagner Road, Clayfield , 4011|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.419645|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th March, 1925|
SCHOOL of ARTS
This Stone Was Laid By HIS EXCELLENCY-SIR MATTHEW NATHAN P.C.G.C.M.C On Saturday 7th March 1925 A.D
As A Lasting Memorial To The Citizens Of This District Who Served In The Great War 1914-1918