Returned Soldiers Memorial Baths (ANZAC Pool) Print Page
The Returned Soldiers Memorial Baths commemorates those who served in World War One. It is now known as ANZAC Pool.
The foundation stone for the Memorial Baths and Club Rooms was laid by Miss Elsie Campbell on the 25th August 1923 who received an inscribed miniature gold trowel as a memento of the occasion. The baths which were built at a cost of £2000 were officially opened by the Mayor of Bundaberg on the 17th November 1923.
The Brisbane Courier (Qld) 27th August 1923, 19th November 1923.
|Address:||Quay Street, Bundaberg, 4670|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -24.864517|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 25th August, 1923|