11th Light Horse RegimentPrint Page
The 11th Light Horse Regiment Plaque honours those from the regiment who paid the supreme sacrifice in World War One.
The formation of the 4th Light Horse Brigade, and the 11th Light Horse Regiment as part of it, was announced on 11 February 1915. Two squadrons of the 11th Light Horse were subsequently formed in Queensland, and a third in South Australia. The regiment was united for the first time at Fraser's Paddock Camp, outside Brisbane, on 2 May 1915. It sailed from Australia in two contingents in June 1915.
The plaque was unveiled by the Governor of Queensland, Sir Leslie Wilson on the 18th August 1935.
The Courier-Mail (Brisbane), 19th August 1935
|Address:||Ann Street, ANZAC Square, Shrine of Remembrance Crypt, Brisbane, 4000|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -27.466463|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 18th August, 1935|
(Campaigns) 11TH LIGHT HORSE REGIMENT (Campaigns)
IN MEMORY OF
OFFICERS AND MEN
WHO MADE THE
1914 Killed 95 1918