War Memorial ArchPrint Page
The War Memorial Arch and gates at the entrance to the Memorial Park were erected to commemorate those who served in World War One.
In 1925, a War Memorial Committee was formed to build a suitable structure to commemorate the soldiers of the First World War. In April, a tender was accepted for J. Tickle to build the arch complete with iron gates. Melrose & Fenwick`s tender for a nearby monument was also accepted and four months was allowed for the completion of the work.
The Soldiers Memorial was unveiled and the Memorial Park opened by Councillor Barsby in November 1925.
Cairns Post (Qld) 27th November 1925.
|Address:||MacMillan & MacKenzie Streets, ANZAC Park, Ayr, 4807|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -19.578476|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||November-1925|