Fingal Roll of HonourPrint Page
A wooden honour roll commemorates those who served in World War One.
A special service was held at Peter's Anglican Church, Fingal, on Sunday by Archdeacon the Ven. A. H. Beresford, and the Rev. W. Earle. There was a large congregation. During the service the Archdeacon dedicated two stained glass windows, unveiled an honour roll of those who served in the great war, and delivered a very impressive sermon. The honour board is a nice piece of work in Tasmanian woods, and contains the names of 86 participants in the late war.
Examiner (Launceston) 14th December 1920.
|Address:||Talbot Street (Esk Highway) , St Peters Anglican Church, Fingal, 7214|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.639073|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 12th December, 1920|
Roll of Honour
[ Names ]
1914 - 1919
Note : the “Tasmanian War Memorials Data Base” , compiled by Fred Thornett which is located at the State Library of Tasmania, contains a comprehensive listing of the names on this monument.