St James` Roll of HonourPrint Page
An honour roll commemorates 59 people who served in World War One.
Monument characteristics :
Wooden honour roll
The unveiling of St. James's Church honour roll was performed by Bishop Hay, assisted by the Rev. V.C. Earle. There was a large attendance of people of all denominations. The Bishop delivered an eloquent address when removing the flag from the honor roll, and suitable hymns were nicely rendered by the choir. The service was very impressive.
The Mercury (Hobart), 21st February 1922.
|Address:||Richmond Road, St James` Anglican Church, Colebrook, 7027|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -42.536332|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 19th February, 1922|
St James` Church
Roll of Honour
[ Names ]
1914 The Great War 1919
Note : the “Tasmanian War Memorials Data Base” , compiled by Fred Thornett which is located at the State Library of Tasmania, contains a comprehensive listing of the names on this monument.