St Luke`s Church War MemorialPrint Page
St Lukes Church War Memorial was donated by Mr James Bush of York Plains in memory of his son and his comrades and also members of St Lukes Church who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.
There is to be unveiled on Sunday morning next in the grounds of the Anglican (St. Luke's) Church at Campbell Town, a soldiers' monument, donated by James Bush, of York Plains, as a memorial to his his son, Private James William Victor Bush, and his comrades, and also members of St. Luke's Church who fell in the great war. The ceremony will be performed by the donor of the handsome monument.
Examiner (launceston), 13th May 1920.
Monument characteristics :
White marble cenotaph
|Address:||Midland Highway, St Lukes Anglican, Campbell Town, 7210|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -41.92593|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 16th May, 1920|
In loving memory of Private James William Victor Bush No 7239 12th Battalion Killed in Action in France 10th May 1918. aged 33 years
Note : the “Tasmanian War Memorials Data Base” , compiled by Fred Thornett which is located at the State Library of Tasmania, contains a comprehensive listing of the names on this monument.
Their name liveth for evermore
[ Names ]
and of his comrades of St. Lukes who fell in the Great War