www.monumentaustralia.org.au

St Andrew`s Presbyterian Church Honour RollPrint Page Print this page

18-November-2014
18-November-2014
Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland

The wooden honour roll commemorates those connected with the Presbyterian Church at Kirklands, Epping and Campbell Town who served in World War One.  It lists 32 names.

An identical roll was placed in the Kirklands Presbyterian Church. 

Two honour rolls in connection the Kirklands, Epping, and Campbell Town Presbyterian charge will be unveiled on Sunday next-one at Kirklands at the morning service, and the other at night in St. Andrew's, Campbell Town. Brigadier General Clark, who was State Commandant during the war, has consented to perform the ceremony in each church. The following appear on the honour boards as names of men who made the supreme sacrifice:-Privates R. Barker, R. V. Davis, E. W. Marshall, C. W. White, W. R. Turnbull, Corporal W. J. Clarke, Sergeant B. Clarke, and Leading Stoker H. F. Leedham.
Examiner (Launceston, Tas.) 4 October 1920.



Note: The former St Andrew's Uniting Church, Campbell Town, property is now privately owned. 

 

Location

Address:55 High Street , Former St Andrews Uniting Church, Campbell Town, 7210
State:TAS
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -41.923058
Long: 147.491682
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1
Actual Event STart Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 10th October, 1920
Front Inscription

Nec Tamen Consumebatur

Pro Patria

[ Names ]

Note : the “Tasmanian War Memorials Data Base” , compiled by Fred Thornett which is located at the State Library of Tasmania, contains a comprehensive listing of the names on this monument.

Source: MA,SKP,NMC,TWM
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design