www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Soldiers` War MemorialPrint Page Print this page

05-July-2004 (Kent Watson)
05-July-2004 (Kent Watson)

Photographs supplied by Kent Watson / Father Ted Doncaster

The Midland Town Hall clock commemorates those who enlisted from the district, and those who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.

Three marble plaques are located in the entry porch to the clock tower area and four honour boards are displayed on either side of the stage in the auditorium.   Two of the marble plaques list the names of those who died in World War One, the names are inscribed in black and ornate carvings run down both sides of each of the plaques. The third plaque is long and rectangular in shape with inscriptions also in black.

The Memorial Clock erected in the dome of the Midland Junction Town Hall was unveiled by the Governor of Western Australia, Sir Francis Newdegate on the 18th November 1923. The Governor and Lady Newdegate were met by a guard of honour under Captain Hugo Throssell V.C.
The West Australian (Perth), 19th November 1923.

Location

Address:Great Eastern Highway & Old Northern Highway, Midland, 6056
State:WA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -31.889528
Long: 116.001864
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1
Actual Event STart Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 18th November, 1923
Front Inscription

This memorial clock and these tablets erected by the citizens of Midland Junction in honour of those who fell in the Great War.   1914 - 1918. 

Unveiled Nov 18th 1923.

Plaque :

In honour of fallen

Great War 1914 - 18 

[ Names ]

Source: MA,WMR
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design