St John`s Church Honour RollPrint Page
A polished metal honour board with marble frame and ornate engravings surround the inscriptions which commemorate 304 men of the church within the diocese of Kalgoorlie who died in service or were killed in World War One.
The roll was placed on the northern wall of the church edifice as a permanent memorial to the fallen soldiers.
It is 6 and a half feet high and 2 feet wide. The honour roll is mounted on a slab of Springhill Marble from New South Wales, and the designers and engravers were Messrs C. R. Wilson and Co. of Murray Street, Perth.
The unveiling and dedication of the Honour Roll took place on the 27th November 1921. The dedication ceremony was performed by Archbishop Riley and the unveiling of the roll by General Hobbs.
Kalgoorlie Miner (WA), 28th November 1921.
|Address:||Maritana Street, St John`s Anglican Church , Kalgoorlie, 6430|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -30.74451|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Monument Designer:||Messrs C.R. Wilson and Co. (Murray Street, Perth W.A.)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 27th November, 1921|
To the Glory of God
Memory of the Gallant Men
Of This Diocese Who Fought And Fell
In The Great War
1914 - 1919
This Tablet Is Erected
In Pride Of Their Valour
Sorrow For Their Loss
See Ye To It That They Be Ever Held
In Honoured Remembrance
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.
[ Names ]
May They Rest In Peace