Hamilton Hill Memorial HallPrint Page
The Hamilton Hill Memorial Hall was erected to perpetuate the memory of the soldiers and sailors of Hamilton Hill who fought in World War One.
The foundation stone for the hall was laid by the Governor of Western Australia, Sir William Campion on the 21st March 1925. A second stone was laid by Mr M. Winfield, Honorary Secretary of the Memorial Association.
Sunday Times (Perth), 22nd March 1925.
The Hall was opened and an Honour Board unveiled by Mesdames Dixon and Poole on behalf of the mothers of the district in front of a packed crowd on the 19th July 1925. Wreaths were placed on the honour board and in front of the hall.
Western Mail (Perth), 23rd July 1925.
|Address:||Rockingham Road & Carrington Street, Hamilton Hill, 6963|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.085305|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 21st March, 1925|