Old Guildfordians War MemorialPrint Page
A monument commemorates former Guildford Grammar School students who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.
The grounds of the Church of England Grammar School, East Guildford, held a large crowd on the afternoon of April 23, the occasion being the unveiling by the Prime Minister (Mr. W. M. Hughes) of a memorial to the old boys who fell in the great war. This memorial, which was designed by Mr. W. Tapper, of London, the architect of the stately chapel attached to the, school, is intended to illustrate soldier sacrifice on behalf of the Empire.
Kalgoorlie Miner, 1st May 1922.
|Address:||Terrace Road, Guildford Grammar School, Guildford, 6055|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.894625|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Mr. W.Tapper (London)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 23rd April, 1922|
[ Names ]
To The Glory Of God
And In Grateful
Memory Of The Boys
Of This School Who
Gave Their Lives For
Their King & Country
In The Great War
1914 - 1918
Remembering Them For
Good And Bring Them
Into Glory Through
The Sufferings And
Death Of The Captain
Of Their Salvation
[ Names ]