Fallen Men of the Parish MemorialPrint Page
A plaque commemorates men of theAnglican Parish who died in service or were killed in action in World War One.
His Excellency the Governor (Sir Tom Bridges) attended at St. Andrew's Church, Walkerville, on Sunday morning and unveiled a handsome beaten copperplate, designed by Mr. W. Bagot and made by Messrs. A. & W. Dobbie Limited, erected in memory of the members of the church who were killed in the late war. The memorial contains 18 names.
The greater part of the cost was defrayed by the late Mr. W. A. Clutterbuck and the balance subscribed by members of the congregation. The tablet was considered by many as one of the most handsome they had seen.
The Register (Adelaide), 27th August 1923.
|Address:||Church Terrace & Fuller Street, St Andrews Anglican Church, Walkerville, 5081|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.891887|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Mr. W.Bagot|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Messrs. A. & W. Dobbie Ltd.|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 26th August, 1923|