Goodwood Presbyterian Church Roll of HonourPrint Page Print this page

A wooden triptych honour roll commemorates past and present teachers, scholars and members of the church who served in World War One. The honour roll was originally unveiled in 1915 with additional names being added at a later date.

The ceremony, of unveiling a tablet of honour, bearing the names of 39 past and present scholars and teachers of the Goodwood Presbyterian Sunday School who have enlisted, was conducted at the church on Sunday afternoon. The Rev. Robert Mitchell presided over a large congregation. The unveiling of the roll was performed by the two youngest daughters of the families of the first two men who enlisted— Miss Mona Harvey and Miss Marjorie Hill. The tablet was formally presented from the Sunday school to the church, by the superintendent (Mr. M. F. Culliford).
The Register (Adelaide), 16th August 1915.




Address:29 Arthur Street, Unley Returned Services League Hall, Unley, 5061
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.950403
Long: 138.604092
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event STart Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 15th August, 1915
Front Inscription

Goodwood Presbyterian Church

European War  1914 - 19

Roll of Honor

Of Past & Present Teachers, Scholars & Members.

[ Names ]

[ Names ]

Left Side Inscription

[ Names ]

​[ Names ]

Right Side Inscription

​[ Names ]

Source: TOH, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design