Soldiers Memorial HallPrint Page Print this page

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The Soldiers Memorial Hall and Returned Services League Club was erected in memory of those who served in World War One.

Arrangements have been made for the laying of the foundation stone of the Soldiers' Memorial Hall, Semaphore,at 3 o'clock on the afternoon of Saturday, July 13. Mr. F. J. Brown (Mayor of Port Adelaide) will perform the ceremony.
News (Adelaide), 27 June 1929.

The Semaphore Soldiers' Memorial Hall was opened by Mr. P. A. Messenger, president of the Port Adelaide and Semaphore sub-branch of the Returned Soldiers' League, on Saturday afternoon. Among the official guests were Mr. F. J. Brown (Mayor of Port Adelaide) and Colonel W. Dollman (acting president of the State branch of the league). Mr. Brown said the hall was only a small tribute in view of what the soldiers did in the war. What would have happened had not they so nobly responded to the call was terrible to contemplate. In the erection of the building the Port Adelaide Corporation had many obstacles to overcome, but all had been negotiated.
The Advertiser (Adelaide), 9 December 1929.


Address:10 Semaphore Road, Semaphore, 5019
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.838618
Long: 138.481246
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event STart Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 13th July, 1929
Front Inscription
Soldiers Memorial Hall
Source: MA,TOH
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design