Rosewater Memorial FountainPrint Page
A fountain was erected by the women of Rosewater to commemorate those who died since returning from World War One.
A war memorial in honor of Rosewater soldiers who were killed at the war was unveiled by the Governor on Saturday afternoon. From the Rosewater district 300 soldiers went abroad, 65 of whom lost their lives. Of those who returned eight have since died, and to perpetuate their memories a drinking fountain has been installed close to the granite monument.
Daily Herald (Adelaide), 17 April 1922.
|Address:||Canning & Chad Street, Eric Sutton Reserve, Rosewater, 5013|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.854774|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 15th April, 1922|
For the brave who gave their lives in sacrifice there is no death
[ Names ]
Unveiled by His Excellency the Governor, Sir Archibald Weigall K.C.M.G. on April 15th, 1922 and erected as a tribute of pride by the women of Rosewater to these men who died since their return owing to their part in the Great War 1914 - 1919
"Their name liveth for evermore"