St Cuthbert`s Church Memorial WallPrint Page
The stones for the memorial wall came from the former St Cuthbert's Memorial Hall which has been demolished. The wall contains the foundation stone for the hall which was laid in 1920. The hall was a memorial to the men and women of the Great War.
"To the glory of God and as a memorial of the valor and sacrifice of Australian men and women in the great war," was the inscription on the foundation stone laid by His Excellency the Governor, (Sir Archibald Weigall) on Saturday afternoon at Gloucester Street, Prospect. A hall and school are to be erected there by the parishioners of St. Cuthbert`s Anglican parish.
Daily Herald (Adelaide), 29 November 1920.
|Address:||Prospect Road , St Cuthberts Anglican Church, Prospect, 5082|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.891727|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 27th November, 1920|