Port Victoria Honour BoardPrint Page
The Port Victoria Honour Board commemorates those who lost their lives in World War One.
When, at the close of the war, it was mooted that a memorial should be raised to those who did not return from the war, the local branch of the Red Cross Society gave a surplus funds as a nucleus to a larger fund; to be devoted to the erection of a suitable memorial. Sufficient money was acquired, and the majority of the residents favoured the erection of a new hall, which should be dedicated to the memory of the dead. A strong committee was formed, and for years those men have been labouring with much voluntary assistance, to see the consummation of their memorial. In many cases material was given meant much to the committee, and working bees put in much valuable work on the memorial site. On Saturday, December 12, the members of the Port Victoria Memorial Hall Committee had the satisfaction of seeing the hall opened. A marble tablet was fixed on the eastern wall, and bears the names of 13 men who made the supreme sacrifice.
The Register (Adelaide), 22 December 1925.
|Address:||Main Street, Memorial Hall, Port Victoria, 5573|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.497445|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 12th December, 1925|