St Anacletus Parish Soldiers MemorialPrint Page
St Anacletus Parish Petersburg Soldiers Memorial is an honour board which commemorates those from the parish who served in the Great War 1914-1918. The honour board is framed around an alcove in which sits a statue of St Michael the Archangel. The honour board was a gift of Mrs Callary while the statue of St Michael was a gift of the congregation.
The memorial was unveiled on the 5th May 1918 by the Right Reverend Dr Norton, Bishop of Port Augusta. Mrs M. M. Callary was the donor of the soldiers memorial, and the accompanying statue and the inscribed brass plaques were a gift from the congregation. The frame is constructed of solid blackwood, artistically carved, surmounted by a Gothic arch with side panels. The total cost of the memorial including the statue is about £65.
The Register (Adelaide), 11th May 1918.
|Address:||32 Railway Terrace, St Anacletus Catholic Church, Peterborough, 5422|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.974269|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Mr.J.F. Jenkins, Port Pirie (architect)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 5th May, 1918|