North Adelaide Memorial HospitalPrint Page
The North Adelaide Memorial Hospital was established to commemorate those who served in World War One. The hospital was dedicated in 1920.
The new extension of the Memorial Hospital, North Adelaide, will be opened by His Excellency the Governor on July 20. Sir William Sowden will preside at a luncheon preceding the opening, at which the Governor will be present. The hospital was founded to perpetuate the loyalty and heroism of the men and women at the State who served in the war; and it is a fitting tribute of gratitude to these, living and dead, who, in the Empire's hour or need, stood in the breach, and aided the glorious victory.
The Register (Adelaide), 7 July 1921.
|Address:||Sir Edwin Smith Avenue, North Adelaide, 5006|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.912897|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 7th February, 1920|
THE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL.
Adelaide Community Healthcare Alliance Inc.
This plaque commemorates the dedication and loyal service of Australia's servicemen and women. "These are our nation's hero's, many of whom made the ultimate sacrifice: their sacrifice should not be forgotten."
The Memorial Hospital is proud to uphold the traditions and heritage passed to us by our veterans, war widows and widowers, whose courage and commitment have ensured that we might live in peace.