Nairne Soldiers Memorial HallPrint Page
The official opening of the Nairne Soldiers' Memorial Hall took place on Saturday November 12. The town was much alive on that day. Until a few months ago the building was known as the Oddfellows' Hall but the people got together and insisted on purchasing it as a fitting memorial to the boys who left the district to fight in the great war. It is only about six months since the committee took it over and by unceasing efforts £700 has been raised.
Daily Herald (Adelaide), 30 November 1921.
|Address:||Old Princes Highway, Nairne, 5252|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.034735|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 12th November, 1921|