Mount Torrens Soldiers Memorial HallPrint Page
Mount Torrens Soldiers Memorial Hall was erected in memory of those who served in World War One. An new addition was added to the hall in 1960.
The Mount Torrens Soldiers' Memorial Hall was opened on Saturday by the Hon. R. T. Melrose,L.L.C. Mr. Melrose, who was assisted by Messrs. Randall, Young, and Godfree, M.P.`s was introduced by the President (Mr. W. James); Cr.K. H. Bennett unveiled the two German guns belonging to the district. The hall is composed of two front rooms and hall, which is 60 ft: by 30 ft., with a large stage fitted with electric light. When completed the building will have cost about £2,200.
The Register (Adelaide), 24 April 1923.
|Address:||Townsend Street, Mount Torrens, 5244|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.872056|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
Soldiers Memorial Hall