Mount Pleasant Soldiers Memorial HallPrint Page
The hall was erected to commemorate those who served in World War One.
For some years a committee at Mount Pleasant has been collecting donations and organising fetes and other money-raising ventures for the purpose of erecting a memorial hall in honor of those who enlisted from the district, and went overseas to fight during the war. Chiefly through the munificence of Hon. R. T. Melrose, who donated £1000 in addition to the block of land on which the building is being erected, the committee has been able to begin the construction of the memorial hall.
On Saturday the ceremony of laying the stone was performed by his Excellency the Governor (Sir Tom Bridges), who was accompanied by Lady Bridges and Miss Alvilde Bridges. On arrival his Excellency inspected the guard of honor composed of returned soldiers in charge of Lieutenant R. S. Davey.
Chronicle (Adelaide), 27th November 1926.
|Address:||61 Melrose Street, Mount Pleasant, 5235|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.773053|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 20th November, 1926|
Mount Pleasant Soldiers Memorial Hall
This stone was set by His Excellency Sir Tom Bridges, K.C.B., K.C.M.G., D.S.O.
20th November 1926