Hope Valley & Highbury Memorial InstitutePrint Page
Hope Valley & Highbury Memorial Institute was erected in memory of the fallen of World War One.
Foundation stones of the Hope Valley and Highbury Memorial Institute, in honor of the men from the district who gave their lives in the great war, were laid on Saturday, May 28, in the presence of a large gathering. Councillor L. J. Tolley presided. One stone was laid by Mr. W. H. Ind, chairman of the Highercombe District Council, and it bore also the name of Councillor F. Hodges, the ex-chairman. The other stone was laid by Mr. H.W. Dingle (chairman of the institute committee), and bore, in addition, the name of Councillor W. Packer, who gave the ground, and also undertook to provide amemorial tablet and roll of honor to be built into the wall of the hall. Addresses were delivered by Messrs. Tolley, Ind, Hodges, Dingle, and Packer. The foundation stones were the gift of Mr. Johnson.
Chronicle (Adelaide, SA), 4th June 1921.
|Address:||Valley Road, Hope Valley, 5090|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.846683|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 28th May, 1921|