Burnside & Beaumont Wards Memorial to Fallen SoldiersPrint Page
Burnside and Beaumont Wards Memorial was erected in memory of the fallen soldiers of World War One. During the redevelopment of Hazelwood Park the obelisk was removed from its former site and re-erected in its present position and rededicated on the 16th April 1967.
In the presence of several thousands of people on the 17th April 1921, His Excellency, the Governor (Sir Archibald Weigall) opened the Burnside Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Pavilion in Hazlewood Park and unveiled a granite obelisk, placed therein, which contains the following inscription on bronze plates:— "Burnside and Beaumont Wards memorial to fallen soldiers: great war, 1914-1918. They responded to the call of and fell in defence of liberty and justice. Other tablets contained the names of the fallen.
Chronicle (Adelaide), 23rd April 1921.
|Address:||Greenhill Road & Hawthorn Crescent, Hazelwood Park, Hazelwood Park, 5066|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.937786|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-March-1942|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 17th April, 1921|