St Saviour`s Fallen Soldiers MemorialPrint Page
A stained glass window commemorates those from the parish who lost their lives in World War One.
A crowded congregation attended at St.Saviour's Church, Glen Osmond, on Sunday afternoon, when three memorial windows were unveiled and dedicated in honour of the active service volunteers from the parish during the war. One of the three windows (that on the northern side of the edifice) represents a Christian knight in armour, anxious to leave for battle, but restrained by an angel until he is girded with the Sword of the Spirit.
The inscription on it reads, ' 'To the glory of God and the memory of , and there follows the names of seven soldiers who were killed in the fighting, and two of whom were grandsons of a former rector of the parish (the late Rev. W. H. Mudie). The other two windows, located in the porch, bear the name of 37 volunteers, and the inscription:— The Great War, 1914-1919. They fought the good fight.' The work, which was designed and executed by Clarkson's, Limited, reflects great credit on the artist (Mr. Williams).
The Register (Adelaide), 9 August 1920.
|Address:||Portrush Road & Pridmore Road, St Saviour`s Church, Glen Osmond, 5064|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.962958|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Mr Williams ( artist)|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Clarkson`s Ltd.|
To the Glory of God and in memory of