Glen Osmond Baptist Church Memorial HallPrint Page
Glen Osmond Baptist Church Memorial Hall was built in memory of the fallen of World War One. The hall was opened by His Excellency the Governor, Sir Archibald Weigall in December 1920.
The foundation stone for a Kindergarten Memorial Hall at the Glen Osmond Baptist Church will be laid this afternoon. The new building will be 60 ft. by 30 ft. and will be built of Glen Osmond freestone. The whole of the stone required, about 100 tons will be quarried and carted to the site by voluntary labor. The first two Saturday afternoons resulted in 62 tons being removed from the top of the hill to the church grounds. The voluntary workers propose to do most of the carpenter, plumbing, and painter work. The mason work has been let to Mr. Alex. Lambert. The building, when finished, will have, in cement lettering over the front, "In memory of our fallen soldiers, 1914-1919. Built for the children they tried to save."
The Advertiser (Adelaide), 8th May 1920.
|Address:||Glen Osmond Road & Fisher Street, , Glen Osmond, 5064|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.956586|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||December-1920|
IN MEMORY OF OUR FALLEN
HEROES, BUILT FOR THE
CHILDREN THEY DIED TO SAVE