Edithburgh Roll of HonourPrint Page
A roll of honor for the heroes who left the Edithburgh district for the seat of war, or for those who left Australian shores for the front was unveiled in the institute hall, Edithburgh, on Saturday, February 23, at 3.30 p.m., by Colonel Price Weir, D.S.O. The hall was crowded with young and old. Many seats were reserved for families who have sons away fighting. Colonel Price Weir was introduced by the Mayor (Mr.H.Hart). The colonel related interesting incidents of the war, and then unveiled the roll. Chaplain-Major J. D. Murphy, who has been with the boys in the trenches for two years, also gave an address. A vote of thanks was moved by Mr. J. D. Virgo and seconded by Mr. W. Baker. The roll of honor is a beautiful piece of work, and bears the names of 102 heroes.
Daily Herald (Adelaide), 2 March 1918.
|Address:||Blanche Street, Edithburgh Institute, Edithburgh, 5583|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.085957|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Honour Roll|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Lykke & Co|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 23rd February, 1918|