Caltowie Methodist Church Soldiers MemorialPrint Page
Caltowie Methodist Church Soldiers Memorial commemorates those who fell in World War One. The memorial is a white marble tablet in a classic Greek design mounted on a concrete slab, comprising a gabled top surmounting a section that is supported by two pillars on a base, between the pillars is a plaque. Originally the memorial was affixed inside the chapel of the Methodist Church but was removed and relocated to its present site in 1981. All details are etched.
On the 1st February 1922, the trustees of the local Methodist Church in Caltowie considered steps for the erection of a memorial to the fallen soldiers who were connected with the church. The exact form of the structure was to be decided at a later date.
The Register (Adelaide), 3rd February 1922.
|Address:||Cemetery Road, Cemetery, Caltowie, 5490|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.175558|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|