Burnside Primary School Memorial GatesPrint Page
Burnside Primary School Memorial Gates were erected in memory of old scholars who fell in the Great War.
The Memorial Gates, erected by the school committee and welfare club in honour of those old scholars who died in the Great War , were opened by the Attorney- General, Mr. W. J. Denny on the 19th June 1926. Mr. P. W. Culley designed the memorial and supervised its construction. In addition to the main gates two side entrances are provided. The structure is on the High Street frontage of the school property and includes two bronze tablets bearing the names of the fallen soldiers.
The Mail (Adelaide), 12th June 1926.
|Address:||High Street, Burnside Primary School, Burnside, 5066|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.936275|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Mr P.W. Culley|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 19th June, 1926|
Burnside Public School
In memory of old scholars who fell in the Great War 1914 - 1918
Lest We Forget
[ Names ]