Gate of HonourPrint Page
The Gate of Honour commemorates those from the district who enlisted in World War One.
The Premier (Mr. Butler) today unveiled the honour rolls, and opened the Gate of Honour erected as a memorial to residents of the district who served in the Great War. The memorial is erected as an entrance to the soldiers' memorial park, and is a massive concrete structure. The words Gate of Honour are inscribed in relief lettering across the top: The large central gates are flanked by smaller ones and these, with the fencing on either side, are of wrought iron set in concrete pillars. Each of the main pillars carries a bronze tablet bearing the names of those who enlisted from the district, the tablets being surmounted by laurel wreaths. The work cost about £400, and was contructcd to the design and specification of Mr. J. O. Lyons, of Prospect, by Mr. O. E. R. Kunoth.
The Register News-Pictorial (Adelaide), 15th June 1929
|Address:||Wade Street, Berri, 5343|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.286069|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Mr. J. O. Lyons (Prospect)|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Mr. O. E. R. Kunoth|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 15th June, 1929|
Gate of Honour
1914 For King & Country
[ Names ]
1918 For King & Country
[ Names ]