Belalie North Memorial GatesPrint Page
The Belalie North Memorial Gates were dedicated to the memory of those who died in service or were killed in action in World War One. The gates were the entrance to a 6-acre park, which was purchased at £20 per acre in 1919 and the park was dedicated in November 1919. The original gates were stolen and replaced with a chain and plaque in 1990`s which marks the site of the memorial park and hall which was closed in 1987.
Monument characteristics :
Two cement posts with white marble plaques affixed. Between the gates is a boulder set on a concrete slab, a bronze plaque is affixed to the front of the boulder.
|Address:||Belalie North Road, Belalie North, 5491|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.109617|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||November-1919|
Roll of Honour
[ Names ]
Dedicated to the memory of the fallen soldiers 1914 - 1919