Barmera Memorial HallPrint Page
Barmera Memorial Hall commemorates those who paid the supreme sacrifice in World War One. The foundation stone was laid by F. McMillan Esq. M.P. on the 6th July 1929.
The Barmera Memorial Hall was opened by the Minister of Irrigation (Mr. Cowan). The building occupies a prominent position in the main avenue and is the largest the stone building in the district. The foundation stone was laid by Mr. McMillan, member for the district, in July, building operations having commenced in May. The stone used for the front was quarried at Spring Cart Gully, between Berri and Renmark, and the local quarries supplied stone for the other walls.
The Advertiser (Adelaide), 9th November 1929.
|Address:||Barwell Avenue, , Barmera, 5345|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.252087|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||November-1929|
Barmera Memorial Hall
This hall was erected by public subscription in memory of those who paid the supreme sacrifice in the Great War 1914 - 1918