Robinvale Memorial Arch (Villers Bretonneux Walk)Print Page
The Robinvale Memorial Arch (Villers Bretonneux Walk ), in Caix Square, was opened by Madame Huguette Pillon in 1985. The gateway marks not only the First World War theatre of war but a friendship between Villers - Bretanneaux and Robinvale as sister towns. The bell at the top of the arch is from the Victoria College at Villers-Bretonneaux and was presented to the people of Robinvale at the 'twinning' ceremony in Villers-Bretonneaux on the 5th May 1984.
Villers-Bretonneux was adopted as the twin town of Robinvale in 1984-5 although the first contact visits were made in late 1970′s including a youth exchange. The two towns are of similar size and both rely on horticulture as their principal economic activity. Robinvale is a World War Two soldier settlement community.
The relationship between the two towns was inspired by the death of Lieutenant Robin Cuttle MC, resident of Robinvale, killed near Villers-Bretonneux in 1918 during the First World War.
|Address:||Caix Square, Villers Bretonneux Walk, Robinvale, 3549|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -34.584104|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 5th May, 1984|
OPENED 6TH SEPTEMBER, 1985
MADAME HUGUETTE PILLON
CLOCK DONATED BY STATE BANK