Huntly Memorial HallPrint Page
Huntly Memorial Hall was erected in memory of those served in World War One. The hall was opened in 1922.
The Memorial Hall also contains a number of wooden sculptures which commemorate the 85th anniversary of the hall and ANZAC Days 2008 and 2009.
|Address:||647 Midland Highway, Huntly, 3551|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -36.663669|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1922|
This carving of a World War 1 soldier was unveiled by Harry Morgan (CPL with Search & Rescue Squad - Darwin WW2) to commemorate the 85th anniversary of Huntly Memorial Hall. ANZAC Day 2007
This chainsaw carving of a sailor was unveiled by Robert Duguid (Chief Petty Officer - Royal Aust. Navy) to commemorate ANZAC Day 2008
This chainsaw carving of an airman was unveiled by William John (Bill) Hosking (Leading Aircraftman - R.A.A.F. - W.W.II) to commemorate ANZAC Day 2009
This chainsaw carving of an Army nursing sister was unveiled by Mary Gibson OAM (formerly Sister Mary Everard) 2/2 Australian General Hospital - W.W.II to commemorate ANZAC Day 2009