Fitzroy Cricket, Football, Bowling, Baseball and Tennis Clubs War MemorialPrint Page
Greek-style wooden structure in the form of a pergola erected by cricket, football, bowling, baseball and tennis clubs to honour members who died in World War One. The names of the fallen were originally engraved on bronze tablet s around the pillars. The unveiling was performed by Brigadier-General Lloyd who replaced Brigadier-General Elliott who was unable to attend due to illness. Brigadier-General Elliott's brother was listed on the memorial as one of the fallen. Fitzroy City Press, 13 December 1919.
|Address:||Brunswick Street, Edinburgh Gardens, Fitzroy North, 3068|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.788125|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Mr Twentyman (architect)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||1918|
"This memorial has been created by the Fitzroy cricket, football, bowling, baseball and tennis clubs to perpetuate the memory of members who fell in the Great War 1914-1919."