Dimboola Memorial Secondary CollegePrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by Graeme Saunders / Roger Johnson

The Dimboola Memorial Secondary College was erected to commemorate those who served in World War One.  It is the only memorial school in Victoria erected to commemorate the local residents who fought.

In 1921 it was decided to build a Higher Elementary School. A total of £3442 was raised, £3000 was given to the Education Department and £330 was spent on the honour roll now on the library wall. £16 was spent on the flag pole, with the remainder of the money being spent on clearing the thick mallee scrub.

The school, now the school and community library, was occupied in May 1924 and officially opened on 2 December. In 1945 it became a high school with the first form 5 (year 11) class. It was renamed Dimboola Memorial High School in 1947. The Memorial Avenue of trees and Matron Paschke Memorial were constructed in 1949.


Address:Ellerman Street, Dimboola, 3414
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.450979
Long: 142.03266
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Actual Event STart Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Tuesday 2nd December, 1924
Front Inscription

Soldiers Memorial Hall

Dimboola Memorial High School

Left Side Inscription
"Come gather here and be humble, for in this presence they are remembered."
Inscription in Proximity

In memory of those who served in defence of our nation

Rededicated on the 4th. of December 1999 to commemorate the 75th. anniversary of this memorial.

Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design