Derrinallum War MemorialPrint Page
The Derrinallum and District War Memorial was unveiled by Major H.A.Currie and dedicated by Captain-Chaplain A.S.Nicholas on the 24th April 1932. The memorial was erected in memory of the soldiers of the district who fought in World War One. (Camperdown Chronicle, 30th April 1932)
The memorial also commemorates soldiers from World War Two and Post World War Two conflicts.
|Address:||Hamilton Highway, Derrinallum, 3325|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.948175|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Messrs Chas Wilcox & Co (colac)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Sunday 24th April, 1932|
To our glorious dead 1914 - 18
In memory of those from Derrinallum and Dsitrict who fell in the 1939 - 1945 war [ Names ]
To honor our fallen the wounded and those who suffered World War 2 - Korea - Malaysia - Borneo - Vietnam
Lest We Forget