Peace BellPrint Page
The Darlington Peace Bell was erected with money raised by the Darlington town and district communities. The bell was rung after the signing of the Peace Treaty ending the First World War. Funding was received through the ANZAC Centenary Grants Program for a plaque to be placed at the Peace Bell.
|Address:||Ware Street, Mechanics Institute Hall, Darlington, 3271|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.996781|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
THE PEACE BELL
THE BELL WAS BOUGHT FROM MONIES COLLECTED IN THE TOWN AND AROUND THE DISTRICT AFTER THE SIGNING OF THE PEACE TREATY ENDING THE WAR OF 1914 -1918
THE BELL WAS RUNG.
AFTER THIS IT WAS USED BY THE DARLINGTON SCHOOL NO 777 AS THE SCHOOL BELL.