Avenue of HonourPrint Page
The Byaduk Avenue of Honour was planted with 40 silky oak trees in 1918 to commemorate the men who served in World War One. The trees were planted from the intersection of the Hamilton - Port Fairy Road stretching west along the Penshurst Road to the old mill bridge. Each tree had a memorial plaque and guard. The original planting of Silky oaks were removed and replaced with claret ash trees and replanted on the 4th July 1963.
A memorial table on a concrete base was erected between 1957-8 to replace the cast-iron name plates at the foot of each tree as they had been badly vandalised. This tablet was designed by Holden of Holden and Grambau, Ballarat Road, Hamilton.
|Address:||Byaduk-Penshurst & Hamilton-Port Fairy Roads, Byaduk, 3301|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -37.951834|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Monument Type:||Avenue of Honour|
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||1917|
Byaduk Avenue of Honour was planted in memory of these men who served in World War 1914 - 1918 [ Names ]