St. Andrew`s Anglican Church Print Page
The Church was erected as a memorial to those who died in service or were killed in action during World War One.
To-morrow, Saturday, at 3:30pm., the foundation stone of the new Church of St. Andrew, at Tarago, will be laid by the Ven. Joseph Pike, Archdeacon of Goulburn. The Church is being erected upon a new site, the gift of Mr. G. E. Reynolds, from designs by Messrs. Manfred and Son, at a cost of £1000, as a soldiers' memorial. The clergy and congregations of neighbouring parishes have been invited to Saturday's ceremony.
Goulburn Evening Penny Post (NSW), 30 October 1931.
|Address:||Braidwood Road, Tarago, 2580|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -35.069231|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Designer:||Messrs Manfred & Son|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 31st October, 1931|
A. D. M. G.
In Memory Of Our Fallen Soldiers.
This Foundation Stone
Of The Church Of St. Andrew
Was Laid On 31st October 1931
By The Ven. JOSEPH PIKE,
Archdeacon Of Goulburn.