Pelaw Main Public School Memorial GatesPrint Page
Pelaw Main Public School Memorial Gates were erected in memory of ex-pupils of the school and volunteers from the town who served in World War One.
There was a large gathering of residents of the district and visitors at Pelaw Main on Saturday afternoon on the occasion of the unveiling of roll of honour gates at the entrance to the Pelaw Main public school. The memorial is in the shape of iron gates hung on massive stone pillars. One pillar contains the names of soldiers who are ex-pupils of the school, and on the other pillars are names of those who have volunteered from the town. The work was executed by Messrs. Brown, of Maitland at a cost of £60. At each side is a neat picket fence which was erected by the senior pupils of the school with the assistance of the head master, Mr. G. Ridley. Much credit is due to members of the Pelaw Main Progress Association -(ladies included), who raised money to provide the memorial.
Maitland Weekly Mercury (NSW), 27 November 1917.
|Address:||6 Abermain Street, Pelaw Main Public School , Pelaw Main, 2327|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.831417|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Monument Manufacturer:||Messrs Brown (Maitland)|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 24th November, 1917|
ROLL OF HONOR
The Great War
ROLL OF HONOR
1914 - 1919