Ingleburn Memorial Park & OvalPrint Page
Ingleburn Memorial Park & Oval commemorates those who have served in World War One.
Saturday last was a gala day at Ingleburn. It was the occasion of the official public opening of the Soldiers' Memorial Park. The park is situated on the western side of the railway, from which it is only three minutes walk, and thus also very conveniently distant from th business portion of town. A spectacular phase of the opening ceremony was a procession from the School of Arts to the grounds. This consisted of the Town Band, Boy Scouts, several decorated motor cars etc. The declaration of the dedication of the park for public recreation was to have been made by Mr.W.E.Wearne (Minister for Lands); but he was unable to be present and his place was taken by the Hon. H.F.S. Boyce (Honorary Minister) supported by Messrs W.R. Fitzsimmons and R. Bruce Walker. Alderman F.H. Chivers J.P., acted as chairman. Various sports events were well contested.
The Cumberland Argus and Fruitgrowers Advocate
(Parramatta, NSW ) ,24 December 1924.
|Address:||Lancaster Street, Ingleburn, 2565|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.993994|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 20th December, 1924|