All Saints Hunters Hill War Memorial Print Page
All Saints Hunters Hill War Memorial was erected in memory of those who died in service or were killed in action during World War One.
All Saints Hunters Hill War Memorial is a Celtic cross made of polished granite from the Gib at Bowral mounted on three cement steps and surrounded by a garden of rosemary ... symbolic of remembrance. Total height is approximately four and a half metres. The names of sixteen men of the parish are recorded on the face of the monument, the units in which they served and where they died. Three of the men died at Gallipoli.
|Address:||Ferry Road & Ambrose Street, All Saints Anglican Church, Hunters Hill, 2110|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -33.835752|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
THE GLORY OF GOD
IN MEMORY OF
THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS
OF HIS MAJESTY'S FORCES
WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES
FOR KING AND COUNTRY
IN THE GREAT WAR
Their Name Liveth For Evermore
This Memorial Was Re-dedicated On ANZAC Eve,
April 24th 2005, By The Rector
The Reverend Philip Bradford,
Hon. Chaplain 2/30th Battalion AIF.
Restoration Of The Memorial Was Made Possible By
Grants From The Dept. Veterans' Affairs,
The NSW Heritage Office
Hunters Hill Municipal Council.
The Families Of Some Of The Men, Parishioners,
Parish Friends And Community Groups
Also Contributed Generously.
We Will Remember Them.