www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Hill End Honour BoardPrint Page Print this page

Hill End Honour Board commemorates those who served in World War One. 

Moves were first made for the Honour Roll in 1916, the cost and work being donated by Mr & Mrs A E Cook. It consists of two wooden painted scroll designed tablets, with the names rendered in gold leaf. The names were sign written by Mr Albert J Pickup of Bathurst. 

The two tablets are surmounted by a wooden varnished canopy with the words For King (AIF Badge) For Country. The two tablets are each 1.9 m high and 406mm wide. The Honour Roll was designed to hold 52 names on each tablet. It is unclear when the Honour Roll was first unveiled or who performed the event, however it was re-unveiled with an additional 24 names bringing the total to 52 names. This ceremony was performed by Mrs H Weir (mother of the last fallen soldier) on the 16th May 1917. Some years later on ANZAC Day 1921, the now completed Honour Roll was unveiled by Mr James Marshall.

Location

Address:Tambaroora Street, Hill End Public School, Hill End, 2850
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.034597
Long: 149.415413
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Honour Roll
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1
Actual Event STart Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919
Link:http://www.warmemorialsregister.nsw…

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Wednesday 16th May, 1917
Front Inscription

FOR KING FOR COUNTRY

HILL END 
HONOR BOARD.

EX PUPILS & OTHERS
WHO SERVED IN THE 
GREAT WAR 

(names)

Source: SKP, NRWM
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design