Harrington Memorial Hall & Literary InstitutePrint Page
Harrington Memorial Hall & Literary Institute was originally erected in memory of those who served in World War One. A preliminary opening of the hall was held on the 17th September 1924.
The official opening of the Harrington Soldiers` Memorial Hall and Literary Institute eventuated on Boxing Night, December 26th. The weather was fine and a good attendance of visitors to the seaside resort tended to make the function financially a success. Councillor Whatson thanked the committee for the great honor conferred upon him in giving him the privilege of opening such a splendid memorial to the brave men who went voluntarily at the call of the Empire to defend her in her time of trouble, and also congratulated the people of Harrington for the energy displayed in erecting such a fine structure — a worthy memorial to perpetuate a worthy object.
The Northern Champion (Taree, NSW), 10 January 1925.
|Address:||Pilot Street, Harrington, 2427|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -31.871906|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Monument Dedication Date:||Saturday 26th December, 1925|
MEMORIAL HALL &
Honouring The Centenary of ANZAC
Lest We Forget