Glen Oak School of Arts Memorial GatepostsPrint Page
The Memorial Gateposts commemorate those who served in World War One. The memorial pillars originally stood at the former Glen Oaks School which closed in 1944. The pillars were rediscovered in 1970 and re-erected and re-sited at the Glen Oak School of Arts.
Two sandstone square pillars stand on either side of the front gate. A roof has been constructed over the pillars for protection.
|Address:||Clarence Town Road (near Oakendale Road), School of Arts, Glen Oak, 2320|
|GPS Coordinates:||Lat: -32.612516|
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
|Actual Event STart Date:||04-August-1914|
|Actual Event End Date:||28-June-1919|
|Approx. Monument Dedication Date:||1926|
THE GREAT WAR